In person absentee voting is now available Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until Noon, in the Town of Troy Clerks office. The last day for in person voting at the Town of Troy is Friday, November 4, 2016.
The office will be open extended hours on Thursday, November 3, 2016 and Friday, November 4,2016, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. for in person absentee voting.
Please remember to bring a valid Wisconsin I.D. to vote.
Need to Register to vote or request an absentee ballot by mail? Go to http://myvote.wi.gov or stop in the office during regular business hours to fill out a form.
June 27, 2016
For Immediate Release
4th of July Holiday
Play It Safe
(MADISON) – The 4th of July is a great time to celebrate our nation’s birthday with family and friends. It’s also a good time to remember some safety tips during this holiday weekend.
“We all enjoy celebrating the birth of our nation with family and friend,” says Major General Don Dunbar, Adjutant General and Wisconsin’s Homeland Security Advisor. “Cookouts and fireworks are part of the fun for many Americans. However, make sure you’re thinking about safety first when you’re enjoying the day.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 200 people go to the emergency room every day with fireworks-related injuries in the weeks surrounding the July 4th holiday. Officials say many of the fireworks accidents could have been prevented:
- Most injuries were burns to hands, fingers, head, legs and arms.
- One-third of the injuries were to children under the age of 15 years old.
- 74% of injured were male.
- Sparklers are the number one cause of burns around the July 4th holiday.
Fire and safety officials recommend the following safety tips when lighting fireworks:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks. Adults igniting the fireworks should always wear eye protection and never have any part of the body over the firework.
- Only buy legal fireworks from reliable sellers.
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Always have water ready in case of a fire (a garden hose or a bucket).
- Light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from buildings, dry leaves and flammable materials.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people or animals.
- Keep your pets indoors to reduce the risk that they will run loose and get injured. Many animals have very sensitive ears and can be stressed or frightened by fireworks.
Also remember to play it safe over the holiday:
- Drink plenty of water and limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Never leave people or pets inside a parked car. Even with the windows cracked open, temperatures inside a vehicle can reach over 100 degrees in minutes.
- Have an emergency kit in your vehicle. It should include a first-aid kit, bottled water and some energy bars. A car adaptor for your cell phone is also a good idea in case you need to call for help.
- Learn about the latest traffic and road conditions by contacting 511 Wisconsin. This information, along with live traffic cameras and traffic alerts, can be accessed on the 511 Wisconsin system, which includes a free mobile app, @511WI on Twitter, or at www.511wi.gov.
- When attending various parades, fireworks displays and other gatherings, if you see something suspicious, remember to contact law enforcement. If you “See Something, Say Something”.
For more information go to readywisconsin.wi.gov. For daily safety tips, follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/readywisconsin), Twitter (www.twitter.com/readywisconsin) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/readywisconsin).
Please read the following letter from Advanced Disposal.
Town of Troy Planning Commission
The Town of Troy is seeking to fill a position on the Town of Troy Planning Commission. Applicants must be a resident of the Town of Troy. Meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Applicants should obtain a questionnaire in person, by email: [email protected], or at www.townoftroy.com and submit with a resume/letter of interest to: Clerk/Treasurer, Town of Troy, N8870 Briggs St., East Troy, WI 53120.